The system of numerals is an integral part of any language, including English. Basic vocabulary associated with the account, normally included in the starting course for adults. In children’s educational programs also focus on key numbers.
To know the words denoting the simple numbers very helpful. Numeracy in English will be useful to all who are going to English speaking countries, even if overall language skills while on a low level. This will help to explain to a shop, or be useful in any other ordinary situation.
How to learn to count in English?
You can use the traditional method and just memorize the numbers. However, the memorization of lists is one of the most useless and complicated strategies of foreign language learning. Learned with great difficulty, the words are quickly forgotten, leaving no result.
To make learning more interesting and less complicated can and should be. With a few techniques You will learn how to count faster and easier.
- Try to find patterns. On one sheet of paper write down in a column the English numerals (e.g. the first ten), and next the Russian. You may notice that some numbers are similar (for example, «three», «three», «one to one» and others). This can be useful in the initial stages of learning.
- Do not try to learn everything at once. Start with the first dozen numbers, and then gradually add new ones. Do not just set themselves the task to master the system of English numerals from scratch – this will create confusion in your head, and You still forget. To work gradually and without cramming very important when we learn to count in English.
- Use numerals in a studied speech. You can not only try to make them offers (written or oral), but use in actual conversation. It can be a conversation with the teacher, classmates or even communication with foreigners. First, this is the best way to really good to learn the word and store it in memory for a long time. Secondly, it allows from the very first stages of learning to Orient myself to real use of language, not on the accumulation theory.
- Use of the game – this approach works well not only with children, it can be useful for an adult audience. For example, with friends try the game buzz. The participants should take turns to call the numbers, counting to one hundred. All the numbers that contain a 7 or are divided into 7 (7, 14, 17, 21, 27 etc.) with the word «buzz». Party who makes an input error is eliminated, and the game starts from the beginning.
Learn to count baby
Children quickly learn language skills, and learning to count is no exception. If the child is engaged in a foreign language, you can learn English numbers in parallel with the Russian.
The counting of objects can be closely associated with the daily life of the baby. For example, children are usually willing to consider the blocks and other toys. Best the child learns account in English in the format of the game. What techniques can be used for this?
- Make the number available to the child. You can print out the card, stick the magnets on the fridge or a special Board, buy cubes, etc. When the child will find the image number, it will call it.
- Use the special video training materials account – for example, colorful cartoons. Together with heroes of the cartoon, the kid will learn to count easily and efficiently.
- Learning to count is fun – use games! Well suited even the most simple activities – for example, you can play with the baby in the ball and parallel to count in English. Becomes useful and computer games, educational account.
Study of the basic numerals are always included in the programme of English courses for children. In addition, within these classes the kids are taught different basic vocabulary, work on reading skills and writing in a foreign language. All this allows you to lay a good language base, which will be supplemented and developed in the future.
When choosing courses for a small polyglot note their age range. Training for kindergarten, elementary and middle school ages has its own specifics, which are always included in good training programs.